Florida Impact Doors
Hurricane Protection For Your Property
During the month of August, the entire state of Florida braces for hurricanes and tropical storms.
Rather than simply hoping that your home will be able to weather the next big storm, it is a great idea to take the time to retrofit your windows and doors.
Hurricane Resistant Impact doors that are constructed from high impact glass are designed to remain secure and in place, even when they are subjected to high winds and heavy rains.
A company that specializes in hurricane resistant impact doors can provide you with functional and stylish home doors that will protect you during a hurricane.
Here is an overview of some of the features to look for in a quality storm door.
Impact Resistant Glass
These doors are typically constructed from impact resistant glass, which is designed to let light into your indoor spaces, while also protecting your home from high winds.
Hurricane Impact resistant glass is constructed from a series of silicone glazed layers, which lock together in a special way. When high winds hit the impact resistant glass, it is very unlikely to shatter.
Corrosion Resistant Material
Along with being wind proof, storm proof doors are also engineered to resist corrosion and other forms of water damage.
The wood elements that are found in conventional doors may break down and deteriorate when they are exposed to rain and excessive humidity.
Your storm proof doors will be made out of special metals that will not break down in the days and weeks following a storm.
UV Protection Film
Between storm seasons, the state of Florida sees plenty of sunshine.
Fortunately, your storm proof doors will be designed to protect your home during sunny days, as well.
A storm proof door features UV protection film, which will prevent sunlight from penetrating your door and damaging your furniture and other belongings.
Your door retrofitting specialist can answer your questions about the benefits of switching over to storm proof doors.
The hurricane glass used in impact resistant doors have been manufactured by a special type of process known as the special silicone glazing process.
These glazed hurricane glass impact doors don’t break out of the frame when facing high-velocity impact.
Due to the glazing process, the different layers of the glass interconnect with each other and this prevents the glass from breaking even when subjected to high-speed winds.
These high impact glass doors have been designed, manufactured and tested according the building codes available for the South Florida region.
The standard codes available for the region include Miami-Dade Building code and AAMA protocol. Impact sliding doors conform to the standards available in these protocols.
In addition to these codes, the impact doors also pass through an air infiltration test as specified in the ASTM E283 standard.
Impact door frames can either be made out of Vinyl or Aluminum. These door frames are also subjected to various tests including the air infiltration tests.
Impact door manufacturers also follow the stringent design, manufacturing and testing standards followed by the South Florida impact door manufacturers.
By installing impact doors and windows through a quality impact hurricane door manufacturer in South Florida, families in South Florida and Palm Beach get benefited to a great extent.
Some of the important benefits provided by the impact hurricane doors are listed here.
- Impact doors and windows provide round the year hurricane and storm protection to the homeowners and family members in the south Florida region
- These doors are made out of corrosion resistant material, which makes the doors withstand the wet, heat and salty environment surrounding South Florida
- The sliding glass doors and windows come with heat reduction and noise reduction capabilities
- Impact resistant doors have been specifically designed and tested to withstand the forced entry of debris
- In addition to being corrosion resistant, exterior impact doors substantially reduce the heating and cooling energy costs. Storm doors are made with a structure that reduces the loss due to heat transfer between the home interiors and the surrounding atmosphere
- These doors have been designed to prevent 99% of the sun’s Ultra violet rays from entering the home interiors. This prevents the drapes and furniture from fading quickly and retains its texture for a longer period of time.
- Impact hurricane doors also play a major part in increasing home resale value. Without these impact doors and windows, the homeowner can still homeowner house in South Florida, but at considerably lower prices.
With such a wide range of benefits provided by the impact doors, you can choose a quality supplier in the region who also has the necessary resources required for completing the installation process.
We provide high quality patio doors, glass front doors, and more!
The Window Guys of Florida will be happy to provide you with a free estimate for your hurricane resistant impact doors. Give us a call today at (561)598-6295.