Hurricane Impact Windows Provider for Palm Beach, Broward, Miami Dade, and Martin County
Impact Resistant Windows Made From Hurricane Glass
From the time you meet with us for your initial consultation until the time we complete a project, you can trust that our team at We are committed to providing you with exceptional service and products.
We are located in Palm Beach County and the owner of the company has more than 20 years of experience in the window and door business. We are up to date on the building codes and we have the necessary knowledge and skill to help you choose and install the right product to protect your home. We offer a variety of styles of impact windows and doors installed to suit your needs.
We offer a wide range of Residential Hurricane Impact Windows and Doors, including:
- New construction residential windows and doors
- Hurricane impact windows
- Hurricane impact doors
Hurricane Protection is an essential addition to your home, making your home stronger against storm debris, water damage, and high winds.
Hurricane impact windows can also save you money in reduced insurance premiums and lower energy costs. To learn more about the top reasons you should install impact windows, read more below:
Replace Inferior Hurricane Shutters
If your home has only hurricane shutters over your windows, then you may have experienced some benefits and drawbacks during the hurricane season. Hurricane shutters may protect your home from debris impact, but they will not seal your home against rain or wind damage.
Hurricane impact windows will protect your home against storm debris, rains, and winds by creating a tight seal that keeps water and wind out. Impact windows will also deter burglars who try to break into your home, which will keep your house and family protected year-round.
Receive Insurance Benefits
Living in Florida makes it necessary to purchase higher home insurance to cover various damages and costs that might occur during the seasonal hurricanes. However, with simple additions to your home, your insurance will often reduce your premiums. These home improvements, like impact windows and storm doors, are protective measures that will keep your home safe from unnecessary damages. Insurance companies will often reward their members for taking the extra steps to protect their home and family.
Increase Energy Efficiency
You may also find additional monetary benefits when your energy bill arrives every month. Hurricane impact windows are also energy efficient, because they keep your home sealed against hot or cold air that might enter or escape your home. You can also reduce the amount of heat that enters your home with ultraviolet-resistant window glass. This type of glass will keep the sun’s heat and damaging rays from invading your home and increasing your home’s interior temperature. As a result, you could save on your energy bills.
Noise Reduction – Do You Have a Solution?
Have you ever planned a luxurious sleep in on a Saturday morning, only to be rudely awakened by an over-zealous neighbor mowing their lawn at 8 am? Do you live in a busy urban area where you are constantly surrounded by traffic and noise pollution? Or perhaps you live in a suburban area where houses are being built closer together and in closer proximity to highways? With noise complaints such as these becoming increasingly typical, there is a growing need for sound-reduction solutions for homes. Impact windows are the answer.
One of the comforts of home is having a place to quietly relax whenever you wish. Although nobody chooses impact windows for the sole purpose of noise reduction, it is a fantastic added benefit to consider.
Window manufacturers typically use impact resistant laminated glass to reduce noise. An inner layer of polyvinyl butyral (PVB) is sandwiched between two panes of laminated glass. PVB has a different density than glass, breaking up the sound as it travels through the three layers. With a lower number of sound waves be allowed to travel through the window, noise entering the home is decreased.
Transmission of noise through windows is evaluated using the Sound Transmission Coefficient (STC) scale. The higher the STC, the better the window is at obstructing noise. To compare, a standard window has an STC of about 29 or less, while an impact window with laminated glass has an STC of 32 to 35. Considering that for every increase by 10 in the STC rating noise is reduced by about 50%, this is quite an impressive difference. Although you can’t completely block out noise, you can dampen it considerably by selecting impact windows.
Your home should be an oasis of solitude and relaxation. Choosing impact windows can solve many common noise problems, providing excellent sound reduction and making your home a more enjoyable place to be. Be sure to pay attention to the STC rating when shopping for impact windows, as this will give you an idea of how much sound is blocked. Noise dampening, on top of the numerous other protective benefits impact windows offer to homeowners in hurricane affected areas, makes them an ideal window choice.
There are many reasons why you should replace your old windows and doors with new impact windows and impact doors. Here are some of the reasons:
- To protect your home against hurricanes without the need of heavy hurricane shutters. If you purchase them, you still have old windows and doors. They only protect against the impact of debris against your old glass, not against the high winds and negative pressure from storms. The negative pressure can cause a suction that can still pull your windows out of the opening and allow for wind water to enter your home. Hurricane windows can withstand the harsh conditions from storms.
- Your old windows and doors are hard to operate.
- You are concerned about the safety of your Windows and doors.
- Noise reduction, with new impact windows and impact doors you can dramatically reduce exterior noise. We offer soundproof windows in South Florida.
- Decrease insurance premiums by about half in some cases.
- Forced Entry Security, Impact Windows and Doors do not only get tested for hurricanes but burglary resistance as well, so you will feel safe with new secure windows.
- Energy Efficiency, with your new impact windows and doors you will cool your home and reduce your energy bill consumption depending on glass options. We have a variety of energy efficient windows available.
- Stormproof windows are the best investment for your property that not only increases your property value but pays for itself in insurance reduction costs and energy savings in the long run while protecting your home from hurricanes and forced entry.
- Improved visibility
- Improved protection against sunlight
The Window Guys of Florida will be happy to provide you with a free estimate for your impact windows and doors. Give us a call today at (561)598-6295.