If you own impact windows then you want to make sure that your windows are kept clean. Doing so will free them from any hazards that could hinder their performance. Impact windows are made to protect your home and though they are sturdy, lack of care will cause their features to diminish. But how exactly do you clean your impact windows?
Though they are much different from a standard window cleaning your protective windows is not difficult. Continue reading down below to see what you need to do to maintain your Impact windows.
Supplies you’ll need to clean your windows include:
- microfiber towels
- non-abrasive cleaner
- Water hose
It’s important that you get these materials to clean your impact windows and nothing else.
You’ll want a microfiber towel instead of paper towels. Paper towels aren’t able to absorb all the moisture off of your impact windows which can leave spots due to drying from the sun.
Though cheaper, the standard blue window cleaner solution you see in stores won’t be enough to maintain the performance of your impact windows. Using a non-abrasive cleaner will help clean your impact windows much better. But be warned, you’ll want to check the chemicals that are in the cleaner you are using. Certain chemicals can harm the coating on your impact windows, causing it to peel or degrade. If you are unsure of what chemicals can harm your windows, contact your impact window provider for inquiries.
You’ll want to use a hose as opposed to a pressure cleaner. Applying high pressure to your window will cause caulking issues. The squeegee will be needed to remove water that remains on your windows.
- First, take your hose and turn it on. Thoroughly hose the window down to remove any unwanted dirt and bacteria off.
- Starting from left to right, top to bottom, use your squeegee to remove any water remaining on your impact window.
- Once the impact window is dry, take your non-abrasive cleaner and apply gently with a microfiber towel, evenly coating all areas of the window.
- Lastly, take another dry microfiber towel and wipe away any excess cleaner remaining on your window.
- Repeat steps 1 – 4 for all of your windows.
Hire The Window Guys of Florida
If you’re in need of installing impact windows on your home, don’t hesitate to call The Window Guys of Florida. The Window Guys of Florida have serviced the South Florida area for over 15 years and can guarantee windows that protect your home. If interested, give us a call at 561-232-6612 or visit our contact page.