How Much Will I Save On My Electric Bill With Impact Windows?
Wouldn’t you love to save more money on your monthly electric bill? If the answer is yes, consider replacing old, drafty windows with energy efficient impact windows.
Impact windows provide countless benefits to your home such as superior hurricane protection, improved curb appeal, and higher resale value. Although the upfront cost of purchase and installation can be more expensive than other window products, you can feel reassured knowing you will enjoy the many advantages of impact windows including cheaper monthly utility bills.
Windows can be responsible for 10-25% of your electric bill by allowing heat to escape in the winter and warmth from the sun to penetrate in the summer. Impact windows have specific qualities that can make them more energy efficient than other window options:
– laminated insulating glass
– heat reducing glass tints
– low-E coatings
– improved framing materials
– 2 or more panes of glass
– warm-edge spacers between the window panes
How much money will I save?
The answer to this question depends on how energy efficient your complete window systems are. Energy efficiency is measured using two ratings:
- U-factor – measures the rate of heat transfer and tells you how well the window insulates. Heat moves from warmer areas to cooler areas. In the winter heat will flow from the inside of the window to the outside and in the opposite direction in the summer. The window’s ability to resist this transfer of heat is the U-factor. The lower the U-factor, the better the window insulates.
- Solar Heat Gain Coefficient (SHGC)- measures the fraction of solar energy transmitted and tells you how effectively the window blocks heat from the sun. The lower the SHGC, the less solar heat the window transmits.
Basically, the lower the U-factor and SHGC ratings, the more energy efficient a window is.
With energy costs on the rise, consumers are becoming even more concerned about monthly expenses. By choosing impact windows with lower U-factor and SHGC ratings, you are opting for windows that are highly energy efficient, thus optimally reducing your monthly electric bill.
You can trust the Window Guys of Florida to help you choose window and door products that are energy efficient. For more information contact the knowledgeable professionals at The Window Guys of Florida at (561) 598-6295 or visit our website at https://www.windowguysflorida.com/ .
© Copyright 2015. All Rights Reserved.